Monday, August 13, 2012

Witches' Dance



Witches' Dance

By light of Moon, I oft did hear,
Their singing in the woods.
Bright candle flames, like fireflies,
Outside the Circle stood.
They say the Witches gathered there,
Wherein the dark did dwell,
Afraid to meet within the light,
The reasons I've heard tell.

The Witches' dance, beneath the Moon,
I would that I might go,
To be so free and light of heart,
And let my gladness flow.
But the Witches passed beyond the mist,
Some scattered, many dead,
Their voices stilled, all laughter gone,
The forest stained with red.

The nights were full of emptiness,
No Magick in the air.
Much sadder was the world I knew,
The forest much less fair.
They promised to return some year,
When portents would allow.
There's changes in the wind these days,
Perhaps the time is now.

Earth power is awake again,
And once more we are free.
Our Magick has returned to us,
In stream and field and tree.
O who will dance the Witches' Dance,
Within a forest glade?
Come join the dance, as 'round we tread,
And do not be afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment